1) My age and location: I'm 31 and currently live in the L.A area (born and raised in the Midwest, lived in the South for a bit).
2) My self-labels: Hardcore liberal/socialist, demisexual/pansexual, human rights advocate, introvert with extroverted tendencies, socially awkward, eclectic, an empath, highly emotional/sensitive, animal lover, dork, child at heart.
3) My posts usually fall into the following categories: Life updates. I usually post from my phone because my computer is an A-hole, but I'm surprisingly good at writing lengthy entries. The autocorrect errors often make my friends laugh. While I'm pretty emotional at times, I wouldn't say I'm depressed... I try to have an upbeat outlook on life even when writing about the ick that happens from time to time.
4) My favorite things to read on my friends list are: Life updates. I'm not really huge into fandom, I much prefer to read real life stuff. I like getting to know the people behind the username. Because my computer is a jerk, I don't comment as much as I'd like... but I do read every night from my phone and comment when I have something to say. But no, I don't comment on everything and don't expect the same from you. I never remove folks for lack of commenting, I just like to hear from you now and then (and will try to do the same in return).
Oh and I talk about my pets a lot, and like to share photos too.
5) My friendship dealbreakers are: Racism or irrational hate of any kind. Fat/body shaming. Bashing the poor and calling them lazy (I grew up very poor, my family still lives that way to this day), promoting Welfare Queen stereotypes, or just general trollish behavior. I've taken a step back from LJ in the past because my flist had a few trolls on here that used my personal therapy posts against me. I'm looking for people I can open up to without fear of being attacked.
6) I post entries on average once every: (day, 2 days, week, etc) Right now, about once a week, but I'm working on changing that. Read above. I'm looking for some like-minded folks that I can open up to without fear, as I need my little place to vent and share.
7) If someone made a deluxe action figure based on me, it would have these 3 props and 3 outfits: Props - A Great Dane by its side, a book, and a camera. Outfits - All vintage style dresses. I tend to dress very girly and pants are restrictive on my legs, thus uncomfortable for me anyway.
8) Also, I'm currently a full-time writer who works part-time at a bookstore to make ends meet. I have a graduate degree I don't use because I suck at working in an office setting. My brain just doesn't function right sometimes. I have ADD, OCD and anxiety. I was raised in a family with autism, OCD, and social anxiety prevalent. My family isn't like most, and that's okay with me. I love them for their quirks, but it has left me struggling to connect with people as I still have no idea what to do or say around people.
I live with my boyfriend (who I met through LJ Idol back when we both played), and our furbabies. Annabelle, my Great Dane, is my heart and soul. I'd give my limbs (or maybe even my life) for that dog.
I'm also really silly and goofy, tend to be a little immature and I tend to have a very dark/dry sense of humor. I always joke that my life is always an adventure. I always find myself in the strangest of predicaments, and love to laugh at myself.
You can also find me at: www.kristenduvall.com, www.facebook.com/kristenduvallwriter (my personal page is given out to those who friend me), and www.twitter.com/kristen_duvall. I'm also on Google+ and Instagram (Kristen Duvall), feel free to look me up.