· intimacy: ways of creating it & an outline of my intimacy practices
· my relationship w/ language; my beliefs on words & how I speak
· on use of 'lame' 'gay' 'retarded' etc. as insults or negative expressions
· sexually violent language, the word 'rape' & 'curse words'
· how I apologize when I hurt someone: empathize, explain, change
· If I'm wrong, tell me - and check for misunderstandings
· 6 principles to body-love: my experiences and methods
· parts of a person -- spirit, heart, soul, mind, and body
· how I value impermanence and infinity to equal degrees
· tithing to my causes: equality, freedom (legal & spiritual), art, earth
· my generosity is sustained by appreciation & killed by expectation
· my spirit-shapes: snow leopard, egyptian cobra, american river otter
· why break-ups should be treated like graduations, not like death
· negotiating expectations / ending relationships is a vital skill
· on jealousy, fear, loneliness, envy, threat, and disconnection
· eye contact is intensely intimate and nourishing for me
· the difference between openness and honesty
· LJ journey to openness & honesty; my love for nudity
· my decision to use genderfree language
· discussing genderfree language
· love & affection
· expressing pain vs. complaining
· on talking about a person behind zir back
| what you'll find in my LJ:|
- happenings with emotional significance and why they matter to me.
- writing on injustice and privilege with the goal of breaking them down.
- analysing patterns in myself or society or relationships.
- my spirituality and how I invest in it.
- dreams (mine are often EPIC); occasionally with interpretations.
- skillsharing, especially when I learn a skill for relationships &/or consent.
- polls & interactive memes; me seeking to learn more of you.
- my core values and progress toward goals based on them.
- photo posts; myself, my art, occasionally my friends.
- art & music; sometimes I share some of my artistic inspirations.
I aim to write daily and usually end up writing 2 or 3 times a week. Almost everything is public: I occasionally lock things that are about work or friends who want privacy.
| what I want to read on my friends list:|
- everything in the categories that I write in, especially if the intention is openness and honesty.
- stuff that is free from slurs.
I look for LJ friends who are very self-aware and growth-focused: taking in other people's self-examination is exceedingly inspiring to me. I also want LJ friends to share at least the "justice" and "respect" part of my core values (the more we share the better, but those two are necessary). I want LJ friends who notice the evil injustice in the world and react by doing their best to make it better.
I aim to read my flist daily but usually end up going on a several-hour readathon once or twice a week (I read very fast).
what you'll get from me as a friend:
- I'll be honest and open with you; call me on it if you think I'm not living up to this.
- I'll encourage you to pursue your goals and remind you of your worth.
- I'll help you when I can, with whatever resources I can spare.
- If we build connection, I will work shit out with you if you make a mistake (I am excellent at handling conflict with compassion).
- I'll skillshare and practice with you so we can develop our empathy and intimacy.
- I'll share my creativity in the hopes of inspiring you.
- I'll do my best to educate myself on any differences between you and I, especially if the difference privileges me.
- If I hurt you accidentally and you tell me, I will do my best to not hurt you like that again.
- If we have compatible spiritualities, I will do ritual and practice with you (if you want).