My lj-friends are very important to me, most of them I consider good friends. I invest in them, care about them, and show that however I can -- through commenting or sending presents or making icons, etc. Because of this, I only friend some people, not everyone, because I want to be able to keep up with my friends list, and make real connections.
If you friend me, I will check out your journal, read about 20 entries and your bio to see if I think we have potential to click, and that is how I will decide. Here are some things I look for in an lj-friend:
- you have a desire to grow, to develop as a person. I think there are two types of people: those who actively seek to grow, and those who let life happen to them. We all waver between the two, of course -- I'm looking for people who always come back to that desire to mature.
- you are honest and open, or at least have those qualities as a goal in life.
- you post about personal thoughts and feelings as well as everyday life.
- you are passionate, creative and intense.
- you are openminded.
- you usually lj-cut quizzes, memes, and surveys. (I don't mind one every now and then)