I've had a number of friends saying that they want to find more active, thoughtful LJ friends. And I always want more friends who write about stuff like:
- an interaction they had with someone that made them realize something new
- their introspective, thorough, and specific take on concepts that are often assumed to be the same for everyone: friendship, romance, sex, gender, relationships, parenting, etc
- an experience they had that conveyed deep meaning to them
- their specific desires, especially ones that aren't common
- their core values and how they live them
- events in their past that shaped their present
- previous intense relationships (friends, family, lovers)
- their daily life and how they learn from it (not interested in a recap without the thoughts and feelings that went with it)
- their spirituality and how they invest in it (ritual, meditation, prayer, self-education, etc)
Have some friends like this? recommend them in the comments! if you have a lot like this, pick a random set of eight or fewer.
You are an LJer like this? Fill this out!
also feel free to spread the word!