The point of facebook lists is that they make it so that your feed shows every single post by the people you want to see (at least, it's seemed very reliable to me). If you want to see every single post by every single one of your friends, you can do this by adding all of them to a list. As far as I can tell, lists are not rearranged and edited by facebook when they display in a feed. You can't edit your default feed to be like this, so you have to make a list and then bookmark it. (or you can follow steps 1 and 2 every time to get to your list)
Apologies to those who use screen readers -- facebook is terrible and I have no idea how I would do this without seeing it.
[tutorial with screenshots]
1. go to facebook.com and be sure you are logged in. Then, scroll down and look on the left side for a header that says "FRIENDS." Hover over the empty space next to that and click on the little "More" that comes up.
2. You will be taken to a page that shows all of your lists (if you already have some). At the top is a "Create List" button. Click this.
3. You will get a pop-up that says "Create New List." Give the list a name, then start typing names into the box below. Don't worry if you can't think of everyone -- I will explain how to add people one by one later. Once you have the names you want, click "Create" at the bottom (NOT the "x" at the top).
4. Now the page will refresh with your new list displayed. BOOKMARK THIS PAGE. If you want a 'portable' bookmark, copy the url and go to tinyurl.com. Paste in this url and name it something you can remember, like below. Don't worry, your facebook list is locked so that only you can see it, so if someone else tries to use your url they won't get anywhere. Only if you are logged in will you be able to see this list.
5. After you have saved your list url somehow, go to it (if you aren't already there). At the top of this page is a "manage list" button, and below that is a little group of icons of the friends you have on this list. You can add new people from this page either by typing their name into the box under the little group, or by clicking "Manage List" and then clicking "Edit List."
6. If you click "Edit List" you get a popup with all of the icons of the people you have on this list. To add someone, click the drop-down box labeled "On This List" and click "Friends," then type their name in the box at the top or scroll to find them. To take someone off, you can click on their icon or you can search for their name and then click on their icon. Remember to click "Finish" or your work won't be saved.
7. Now, to add someone to this list individually (say, as you add a new person), go to that person's profile. Click the down arrow next to the button "Friends" and then click "Add to Another List."
8. Scroll to the list you want to add them to, and click on it. A checkmark should appear and once it does, they are added. No further steps are needed (there is no "okay" or "finished" this time).